March 08, 2009

Brit Blogger Tourney

Well I get 3rd in the tourney, but really an unhappy 3rd with the way I got knocked out. Too start out the final table I was the chip leader. I got extremely lucky vs lightning36 when he had ace 10 to my tens and board paired queens and jacks I hit the case ten to win. The final table was brutal beat after brutal beat. The hand that busted me I was in small blind with aces so i raise 3 times to 3k chips bb calls flop calls flop comes Kh, 3h, 8c. I bet 4k big blind calls so I know he got a piece of that flop. Turn comes 4 of diamonds. I push full stack in acting like I just want the pot now and he calls. I show my aces he shows his king queen off. Im a 9 to 1 favorite, but that doesnt matter on full tilt because queen comes on river and takes me out. If I win that pot I would have a 3-4:1 chip lead on both opponents combined. In my mind I know if I win I take the title and get my seat, but no luck for me as usual. I get 3rd which nets me 27 bucks but I wanted the seat and 1st place more then anything. Winner of the tourney was Nightranger who was the one who put this beat to me so forture was smiling on him today. Hopefully tomorrow in the NYRPS and Riverchasers I can do something deep again as it is my birthday so hopefully I can get a little lucky when I have the big hands. See you all tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment